An O(N4) algorithm to construct all Voronoi diagrams for k nearest neighbor searching
This paper presents an algorithm, that constructs all Voronoi diagrams for k nearest neighbor searching in the Euclidean plane simultaneously. Its space and time complexity of O(N4) is shown to be optimal.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /Ki81/.Kirkpatrick: Optimal Search in Planar Subdivisions, Department of Computer Science, Univ. of British Columbia, Vancouver, B.C., Canada, Report 81-13, 1981Google Scholar
- /Le81/.Lee: An Approach to Finding the K-Nearest Neighbor in the Euclidean Plane, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Northwestern Univ., Evanston, II. 60201, USA, Report 1981Google Scholar
- /Ma80/.Maurer: The Post-Office Problem and Related Questions, in Noltemeier (ed.): Graphtheoretic Concepts in Computer Science, Proceedings of the International Workshop WG80, Bad Honnef, June 1980, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 100, Springer 1981Google Scholar
- /Sh75a/.Shamos: Computational Geometry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut,USA, Ph.D.Thesis, 1975Google Scholar
- /Sh75b/.Shamos: Geometric Complexity, Proceedings of the 7th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, 1975, pp.224–233Google Scholar
- /ShHo75/.Shamos,Hoey: Closest-Point Problems, Proceedings of the 16th IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, 1975, pp.151–162Google Scholar