An axiomatic definition of context-free rewriting and its application to NLC graph grammars
An abstract notion of context-free grammar is introduced. It deals with abstract objects that can be words, trees, graphs or other combinatorial objects. It is applied to NLC graph grammars introduced by Rozenberg and Janssens. The monadic second-order theory of a context-free NLC set of graphs is decidable.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BAUDERON M., COURCELLE B., Graph expressions and graph rewritings, to appear in Mathematical Systems Theory.Google Scholar
- COURCELLE B., Equivalences and transformations of regular systems. Applications to recursive program schemes and grammars, Theor.Comp.Sci. 46 (1986), 1–122.Google Scholar
- COURCELLE B.,Recognizability and monadic second order definability for sets of finite graphs, Research report 8634 Bordeaux I University, 1986.Submitted for publication.Google Scholar
- COURCELLE B.,On context-free sets of graphs and their monadic second order theory,Proceedings of the 3rd international workshop on graph-grammars,Lec.NotesComput.Sci.1987, to appear.Google Scholar
- ENGELFRIET J., SCHMIDT E.,IO and OI,J.Comput.Systems Sci., 15 (1977) 328–353 and 16 (1978) 67–99.Google Scholar
- GINSBURG S., RICE, Two families of languages related to ALGOL, JACM 9 (1962) 350–371.Google Scholar
- HABEL A. and KREOWSKI H.J, Some structural aspects of hypergraph languages generated by hyperedge replacements, Preprint, October 1985. Proc. STACS 1987. L.N.C.S. (Springer) vol.247,pp.207–219Google Scholar
- JANSSENS D.,ROZENBERG G.,Decision problems for NLC grammars, J.Comput.Syst.Sci.22 (1981) 144–177.Google Scholar
- JANSSENS D.,ROZENBERG G., A survey of NLC grammars, in Proc. of CAAP' 83,L'Aquila, Lect. Notes in Comp. Sci. 159, Springer 1983, 114–128.Google Scholar
- JANSSENS D., ROZENBERG G., Neighborhood uniform NLC grammars Computer vision, graphics and image processing 36 (1986 131–151.Google Scholar
- MEZEI J., WRIGHT J., Algebraic automata and context-free sets, Information and control 11 (1967) 3–29.Google Scholar
- ROZENBERG G., WELZL E., Graph Theoretic closure properties of the Family of Boundary NLC graph languages, Acta informatica, 23 (1986) 289–309.Google Scholar
- ROZENBERG G., WELZL E., Boundary NLC grammars-Basic definitions normal forms and complexity, Information and control 69 (1986) 136–167.Google Scholar