A conceptual model for a knowledge base homogeneously stored in a database environment
This paper proposes a conceptual approach as a way for storing Knowledge Bases in a Database Environment. The evolution of the model happened with the use of Entity-Relationship (ER) diagrams, Venn diagrams, Object-Oriented (OO) models and State Transition diagrams. With that model we are working in the construction of a Knowledge Server homogeneously stored in a Database environment and speculate about the possibility of that database to be shared in an heterogeneous environment. This research is an integration effort between the areas of Software Engineering (SE), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Databases (DB) at Instituto Militar de Engenharia (IME).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Amaral Filho, W. H. do: Object-Oriented Client-Server Architecture. MSc Dissertation, IME, 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Coad, P., Yourdon, E.: Object-Oriented Design. Yourdon Press, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.Coad, P., Nicola, J.: Object-Oriented Programming. Yourdon Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.Beynon-Davies, P.: Expert Database Systems, a Gentle Introduction. The MacGraw-Hill International Series in Software Engineering, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.Lorenzoni, E.J.F.: Expert System Development Tool. MSc Dissertation, IME, 1987.Google Scholar
- 7.Rumbaugh, J., Blaha, M., Premerlani, W., Frederick, E., Lorensen, W.: Object-Oriented Modeling and Design. Prentice Hall Inc, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.Sade Junior, A.S.: Intelligent Decision Support System Environment for Demographic and Statistic Applications. MSc Dissertation, IME, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.Silva, A.T. da: Work Planning and Control Object-Oriented Environment. MSc Dissertation, IME, 1992.Google Scholar
- 10.Passos, E.L.: Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems. LTC, 1989.Google Scholar
- 11.Tanaka, A.K. — On Conceptual Design of Active Databases. Ph.D. Thesis, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1992.Google Scholar