A formal semantics for a graphical model representation in system design
This paper describes a formal semantics for a graphical model representation in the hardware/software codesign. The approach to the specification and design of heterogeneous hardware/software systems defines a strict sequence of transformations that begins with an implementation-independent specification on the system level using graphical tools. It leads to an implementation description on the register-transfer level using VHDL or C code.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- CCITT: Functional Specification and Description Language (SDL), Recommendation Z.100–Z.104, Blue Book, October 1989.Google Scholar
- CCITT: Message Sequence Charts (MSC), Recommendation Z.120, September 1992.Google Scholar
- Harel, D.: State Charts: A Visual Formalism for Complex Systems, Science of Computer Programming, 8:231–274, 1987Google Scholar
- Kotov, V.E.; Cherkasova, L.A.: Structured Nets, in proc. of MCSF, Springer LNCS 118, 1981Google Scholar
- Vahid, F.; Narayan, S.; Gajski, D.D.; SpecCharts: A Language for System Level Synthesis, in Proc. of the IFIP Tenth Internat. Symposium on Computer Hardware Description Languages and their Applications, pages 145–154, April 1991Google Scholar
- Buchenrieder, K.; Kahlert, St.; Monjau, D.; Veith, Ch.: A new Model-based Approach to the CoDesign of Heterogeneous systems, in Proc. of the Eurocast'93, Springer LNCS 763, 1994Google Scholar
- Kahlert, St.; Knäbchen, J.-U.; Monjau, D.: Design and Analysis of Heterogeneous Systems Using Graphically Oriented Methods: A Case Study, in Proc. of the SASIMI'93, Nara, Japan, Oct. 1993Google Scholar