Conditions for optimization of discrete event systems using temporal logic models
The optimization problem of DESs supervisors has been shown to have a solution if sufficient conditions are met. A measurement space and function have been define in order to properly formulate this problem. The A* algorithm generates the control such that the system move from the initial state to the final state with the least cost if the heuristic function is a measuring function and is a low bound of the event cost function.
KeywordsOptimal Control Problem Measurement Space Temporal Logic Optimal Path Discrete Event System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H.A. Enderton, A Mathematical Introduction to Logic, Academic Press, New York, 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.E. Kreyzig, Introductory Functional Analysis with Applications, John Wiley, New York, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.F. Lin, “A note on optimal supervisory control,” Proc. 1991 IEEE Int. Symposium on Intelligence Contr., Arlington, Virginia, Aug.13–15, 1991, pp.227–232.Google Scholar
- 4.J.-Y. Lin and D. Ionescu, “Verifying a class of nondeterministic discrete event systems in a generalized temporal logic framework,” IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol.22, no.6, pp.1461–1469, 1992.Google Scholar
- 5.J.-Y. Lin and D. Ionescu, “A Reachability Synthesis Procedure for Discrete Event Systems in A Temporal Logic Framework,” to appear in vol.23 of IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics.Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Manna and A. Pnueli, “Verification of concurrent programs: A temporal proof system,” Foundations of Computer Science IV, Mathematical Centre Tracts 159, Mathematish Centrum, Amsterdam, pp.163–255, 1983.Google Scholar
- 7.K.M. Passino and P.J. Antsaklis, “On the optimal control of discrete event systems,” Proc. 28th IEEE Conf. Decision and Control, pp.2713–2718, 1989.Google Scholar
- 9.R. Sengupta and S. Lafortune, “Optimal control of a class of discrete event systems”, Preprints of IFAC Int. Symposium on Distributed Intelligence Systems, Arlington, Virginia, August 13–15, 1991, pp.25–30.Google Scholar
- 10.J.G. Thistle and W.M. Wonham, “Control problems in a temporal logic framework,” Int. J. Control, 44, pp.943–976, 1986.Google Scholar