Knowledge-based recognition of crosshatched areas in engineering drawings
One of the main tasks in the problem of engineering drawing (ED) automatic input and interpretation is recognition of ED primitives to obtain 2D image representation for further use in CAD systems. This paper presents two-stage knowledge-based algorithm to recognize crosshatched areas in ED images. At the first stage, pure segment chains i.e. simple structure crosshatched area parts satisfying a template description are detected. At the second stage, the final assembly of the area takes place by using the chains assembled at the first stage.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V.Nagasamy and N.A.Langrana, “Engineering drawing processing and vectorization system”, Computer Vision, Graphics, and Image Processing, Vol.49, pp. 379–397, 1990.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Ejiri, S. Kakumoto, T. Miyatake, S. Shimads, K. Iwamura “Automatic of engineering drawings and maps”, Image Analysis Applications, R. Kasturi and Trivedi, MM, Eds., New York: Dekker, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.S.V.Ablameiko, V.I.Bereishik, O.V.Frantskevich, E.I.Mel'nik, M.I.Khomenko, and N.I.Paramonova, “Interpretation of engineering drawings: techniques and experimental results”, Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, Vol.5, No.3, pp. 380–401, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.S.Ablameiko, V.Bereishik et al, System for Automatic Vectorization and Interpretation of Graphic Images, Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, Vol.3, No.1, 39–52 (1993).Google Scholar
- 8.C.P.Lai and R.Kasturi, “Extraction of objects in engineering drawings”, SPIE Vol. 2181 Document Recognition, pp. 172–181, 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.D.Antonie “CIPLAN: A model-based system with original features for understanding French plans”, In Proceeding of First International Conference On Document Analysis, IEEE CS, Vol.2,pp. 647–655, 1991.Google Scholar
- 10.D.Antoine, S.Collin,K.Tombre "Analysis of technical documents: the REDRAW system”,Pre-Proc.IAPR Workshop on Structural and Syntactic Pattern Recognition, New Jersey, pp. 192–230,1990.Google Scholar