Synthesis of function-described graphs
Function-described graphs (FDGs) have been introduced very recently as a representation of an ensemble of attributed relational graphs (ARGs) for structural pattern recognition [1, 2]. In this paper, the relationship between FDGs and Random Graphs  is analysed and the synthesis process of FDGs is studied, whereas the matching process between FDGs and ARGs is discussed elsewhere . Two procedures are described to synthesize an FDG from a set of commonly labelled ARGs or FDGs, respectively. Then, a general incremental method to synthesize an FDG from a sequence of unlabelled ARGs is proposed. Specific methods are obtained when an ARG-to-FDG matching algorithm is selected to find optimal morphisms.
Keywordsgraph synthesis function-described graphs random graphs attributed relational graphs structural pattern recognition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.F. Serratosa and A. Sanfeliu: Function-described graphs. In Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, Preprints of the 7th National Symposium on Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, Centre de Visió per Computador, Univ. Autònoma de Barcelona, Vol.I (1997) 37–42Google Scholar
- 2.F. Serratosa and A. Sanfeliu: Function-described graphs applied to 3D object recognition. In Proc. ICIAP'97, 9th Int. Conf. Image Analysis and Processing, Firenze, Italy, Vol.I (1997) 701–708Google Scholar
- 3.A.K.C. Wong, J. Constant and M.L. You: Random graphs. In Syntactic and Structural Pattern Recognition: Theory and Applications, H.Bunke and A.Sanfeliu (eds.), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., Singapore (1990) 197–234Google Scholar
- 4.F. Serratosa, A. Sanfeliu and R. Alquézaar: Distance and matching between functiondescribed graphs. Tech. Rep. IRI-DT-9803, Inst. de Robòtica i Informàtica Industrial, Univ. Politècnica de Catalunya-CSIC, Barcelona, Spain (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.W.H. Tsai and K.S. Fu: Error-correcting isomorphism of attributed relational graphs for pattern analysis. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics 9 (1979) 757–768Google Scholar
- 6.A. Sanfeliu and K.S. Fu: A distance measure between attributed relational graphs for pattern recognition. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics 13 (1983) 353–362Google Scholar
- 7.A.K.C. Wong and M.L. You: Entropy and distance of random graphs with application to structural pattern recognition. IEEE Trans. Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 7 (1985) 599–609Google Scholar
- 8.D.S. Seong, H.S. Kim and K.H. Park: Incremental clustering of attributed graphs. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man and Cybernetics 23 (1993) 1399–1411Google Scholar