The Teraflop parallel computer APEmille
- 98 Downloads
APEmille is a SIMD parallel processor under development at the Italian National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN). It is the third machine of the APE family, following Ape and Ape100. APEmille is well suited for Lattice QCD applications, climate modelling, neural networks, computational chemistry, numerical wind tunnels, seismic and combustion simulation. APEmille is a tridimensional array of custom processors each with peak performance of 528Mflop and 8-32 Mbytes of locally addressable RAM. The 2048-processor machine reaches the performance of 1.081Tflops. APEmille is interfaced to the external world through a PCI interface. A powerful programming language named TAO is provided. A C++ compiler is foreseen.
KeywordsCustom Processor Data Memory Program Memory Program Flow Inter Node Communication
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.Bacilieri et al. The APE project: a Gigaflop Paraller Processor for Lattice Calculations, Computing in High Energy Physics 85 (Elsevier Science Publ. B.V., North-Holland, 1986)Google Scholar
- A.Bartoloni et al., A Hardware Implementation of the Ape100 Architecture, Int. Jou. Mod. Phys. C 4 (1993) 995Google Scholar
- A.Bartoloni et al., The Software of the Ape100 Processor, Int. Jou. Mod. Phys. C 4 (1993) 969Google Scholar
- A.Bartoloni et al., APEmille Proposal, INFN internal document, 1994Google Scholar
- A.Bartoloni et al, Addendum to the APEmille Proposal, INFN int. doc., 1995Google Scholar