Visualizing the iteration space in PEFPT
Sufficient and precise semantic information is essential to interactive parallel programming. In this paper, we present a feasible implementation of the iteration space dependence graph and discuss relevant technical problems. Moreover, we give a further prospect of interactive loop parallelization guided by the graph.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Michael Wolfe, “Optimizing Supercompilers for Supercomputers”, Ph.D. thesis, University of Illinois, 1982.Google Scholar
- 2.Utpal Banerjee, “Dependence Analysis for Supercomputing”, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.G. Goff, K. Kennedy, and C.-W. Tseng, “Practical Dependence Testing” Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN '91 Conference on Programming Language Design and Implementation (PLDI'91), SIGPLAN Notices, 26(2), June 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.K.McKinliey, “Evaluation Automatic Parallelizationfor Efficient Execution on Shared Memory Multiprocessors”, ICS'94, pp.54–63, 1994.Google Scholar
- 5.W.Blume and R.Eigenmann, “Performance Analysis of Parallelizing Compilers on the Perfect Benchmarks Programs”, IEEE Transaction on Parallel Distributed Systems, 3(6), pp. 643–656, Nov. 1992.Google Scholar
- 6.K. Cooper et al., “The ParaScope Parallel Programming Environment”, Proceedings of the IEEE, 81(2), Feb. 1993.Google Scholar
- 7.C.D.Polychronopoulos et al, “Parafrase-2: An Environment for Parallelizing, Partitioning, Synchronizing, and Scheduling Programs on Multiprocessors”, Inter. Conference on Parallel processing, pp. II-39–II48 1989.Google Scholar
- 8.F.B.Zhang “The FPT Parallel Programming Environment”, Ph.D. thesis, University of Gent, 1996.Google Scholar
- 9.Q.Wang, Y.J.Yu and E.H.D'Hollander, “Interactive Programming using PEFPT”, Syllabus of the Parallel Computing Seminar, T.U.Delft, pp. 125–130 1996.Google Scholar