A family of software components to deliver solutions for the interpretation of monitoring data
In this paper we summarize the results of our efforts, during the last ten years, to apply artificial intelligence techniques to the interpretation of engineering monitoring data. These efforts led us to create a set of software components which can be adapted to develop real-world applications to face specific customers' requirements, and to deploy several systems for the on-line interpretation of data coming from automatic monitoring systems of large dams, monuments, and landslides.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Salvaneschi, P., Cadei, M., Lazzari, M.: The Application of AI to Structural Safety Monitoring and Evaluation. IEEE Expert 11(4) (1996) 24–34Google Scholar
- 2.Lazzari, M., Salvaneschi, P., Brembilla, L.: Looking for analogies in structural safety management through connectionist associative memories. IEEE International Workshop on Neural Networks for Identification, Control, Robotics, and Signal/Image Processing (NICROSP '96), Venezia, Italy, (1996) 392–400Google Scholar
- 3.Brembilla, L., Lazzari, M., Salvaneschi, P.: Structural monitoring through neural nets. Second Workshop of the European Group for Structural Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence (EGSEAAI '95), Bergamo, Italy (1995) 91–92Google Scholar
- 4.Lazzari, M., Salvaneschi, P., Ruggeri, G., Mazzà, G.: Information Systems for Dam Safety: Evolution through Artificial Intelligence. Engineering Intelligent Systems 6(1) (1998) 57–63Google Scholar
- 5.Lancini, S., Lazzari, M., Masera, A., Salvaneschi, P.: The diagnosis of Ancient Monuments' Behaviour through Expert Interpretation Software Systems. Structural Engineering International 7(4) (1997) 288–291Google Scholar
- 6.Lazzari, M., Salvaneschi, P.: Integrating Geographic Information Systems and Artificial Intelligence for Landslide Hazard Monitoring. Cahiers du Centre Europeen de Geodinamique et de Seismologie. Walferdange, Luxembourg (to appear)Google Scholar
- 7.Garrett, J.H., Smith, I.F.C.: AI Applications in Structural/Construction Engineering. IEEE Expert 11(3) (1996) 20–22Google Scholar