Interactive telepresence and augmented reality in ENT surgery: Interventional Video Tomography
Telepresence is surgery is a demanding technological challenge for communication tools, hard- and software. Interventional Video Tomography (IVT)  allows remote-guided intraoperative navigation, guidance, orientation. Provided that the partners have their copy of the medical images and a sufficient bandwidth video transmission line the IVT data set allows to share stereotactic information, like access paths or structures to avoid, by exchanging the positional and orientational information of the used sensors on the “soundtrack” of the transmitted video. Both the remote and the local partner share a file with the stereotactic information of tracked objects and may modify its contents so that an interactive, optimized remote planning of the surgery becomes possible.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Truppe, F. Pongracz, W. Freysinger, A. Gunkel. W. Thumfart, Interventional Video Tomography. Computer Assisted Radiology, H. U. Lemke, K. Inamura, C. C. Jaffe, M. W. Vannier (Eds.), CAR '95, Springer, Berlin, p. 1303 (1995).Google Scholar
- W. Freysinger, A. R. Gunkel, W. F. Thumfart, Image-guided endoscopic ENT surgery. European Archives Otol Rhinol Laryngol, accepted, December 1996.Google Scholar
- Y. I. Abdel-Aziz, H. M. Karara, Direct linear transformation from comparator coordinates into object coordinates. in Proceedings of the Symposium on Close-Range Photogrammetry Univ. of Urbana, Ill., USA, Jan. 1971.Google Scholar
- W. F. Thumfart, W. Freysinger, A. R. Gunkel, 3D image-guided surgery on the example of the 5300 year old Innsbruck Iceman. Acta Otolaryngol (Stockh), accepted, October 1996.Google Scholar
- R. J. Bale, M. Vogele, W. Freysinger, A. R. Gunkel, A. Martin, K. Bumm, W. F. Thumfart, A minimally invasive head holder to improve the performance of frameless stereotactic surgery. Laryngoscope, accepted, August 1996.Google Scholar
- M. Truppe, W. Freysinger, A. Gunkel, W. Thumfart, Teleassisted stereotactic endoscopic surgery. Computer Assisted Radiology, H. U. Lemke, M. W. Vannier, K. Inamura, A. G. Farman (Eds.), CAR '96, Elsevier, Amsterdam, pp. 686–692 (1996).Google Scholar
- European Forum Alpbach, 23 August 1996, Vienna-Innsbruck.Google Scholar
- Vienna-Brussels, European Union, DG12, September 1996.Google Scholar