Optimization of parameters of color image segmentation using evolutionary programming
In this paper, we suggest an optimization method of parameters of color image segmentation using evolutionary programming (EP). The objective image is colored papers on the background of varying intensity. And, evaluation methods for segmented images are modified. Also, an experiment for these images is performed. This EP based parameter optimization method for solving an indoor image segmentation problem will be applied to service robot vision system.
KeywordColor Image Segmentation Evolutionary Programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Yong Won Lim, Lee: Segmentation Algorithm based on the Thresholding and the Fuzzy c-Means Techniques. Pattern Recognition V.23, No.9 (1990)Google Scholar
- 2.Bir Bhanu, Lee, Ming: Adaptive Image Segmentation Using a Genetic Algorithm. IEEE Transaction on System, Man, and Cybernetics(SMC) V.25, No.12 (December, 1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Milan Sonka: Image Processing, Analysis and Machine Vision. Chapman & Hall Computing (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Kah-Kay Sung: A Vector Signal Processing Approach to Color. MIT master thesis (1992)Google Scholar
- 5.Hyun-Sik Shim, Jong-Hwan Kim: Robust Control of Non-holonomic Wheeled Mobile Robot Basaed on Evolutionary Programming for Optimal Motion. Proceedings of the 1st Korea-Australia Joint Workshop on Evolutionary Computation, Teajon, Korea (1995)Google Scholar
- 6.Zbigniew Michalewicz: Genetic Algorithm + Data Structures = Evolution Programs. Springer (1992)Google Scholar
- 7.Ballard: Computer Vision. Prentice Hall (1982)Google Scholar