Transitive solutions of relational equations on finite sets and linear lattices
The set of solutions of relational equations over a finite referential space and with values from a linear lattice is considered. We determine in this set the greatest max-min transitive solution and the related minimal ones. Further, we investigate for the determination of particular max-min transitive solutions, namely those having Schein rank equal to 1. Related properties of convergence of fuzzy systems represented by the involved relations are also given.
Key wordsFinite matrix equation max-min transitive matrix Schein rank of a matrix
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blyth T.S. (1964) Matrices over ordered algebraic systems, J. London Math. Soc. 39, 427–432.Google Scholar
- Di Nola A and Lettieri A. (1989) Relation equations in residuated lattices, Rend. Circolo Matem. Palermo 38, 246–256.Google Scholar
- Di Nola A., Pedrycz W and Sessa S. (1985) When is a fuzzy relation decomposable in two fuzzy sets?, Fuzzy Sets and Systems 16, 87–90.Google Scholar
- Di Nola A., Pedrycz W., Sanchez E. and Sessa S. 1989 Fuzzy Relation Equations and Their Applications to Knowledge Engineering, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dodrecht.Google Scholar
- Dubois D. and Prade H. 1980 Fuzzy Sets and Systems: Theory and Applications, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Kaufmann A. 1975 Introduction to the Theory of Fuzzy Subsets, Vol. I, Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Kim K.H. 1982 Boolean Matrix Theory and Applications, Marcel Dekker, New York.Google Scholar
- Kolodziejczyk W. (1988) Decomposition problem of fuzzy relations: further results, Internat. J. Gen. Syst. 14, 307–315.Google Scholar
- Luce R.D. (1952) A note on Boolean matrix theory, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 3, 382–388.Google Scholar
- Rudeanu S. 1974 Boolean Functions and Equations, North-Holland, Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Sanchez E. (1977) Solutions in composite fuzzy relation equations: Application to medical diagnosis in Brouwerian logic, In: Fuzzy Automata and Decision Processes (M.M. Gupta, G.N. Saridis and B.R. Gaines, Eds.), North-Holland, New York, 221–234.Google Scholar