On design and analysis of a new block cipher
In this paper a new secret-key block cipher based on mixing operations of different algebraic groups is proposed. Some cryptographic properties of the cipher are discussed. Differential cryptanalysis of the cipher structure is treated. The results show the mini cipher with 8-bit blocks is resistant to differential attack.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lai, X., Massey, J.: A proposal for a new block encryption standard. Advances in Cryptology, Proc. of EUROCRYPT'90, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 473 (1991)389–404.Google Scholar
- 2.Biham, E.: New types of cryptanalytic attacks using related keys. Proceedings of Eurocrypt'93, LNCS 765 Journal of Cryptology, Vol.7, No.4, (1993)229–246Google Scholar
- 3.Yi, X., Cheng, X., Xiao, Z.: Two new models of block cipher. Chinese Journal of Electronics, Vol.5 No.1 1996(88–90).Google Scholar
- 4.Webster, A.: Plaintext/ciphertext bit dependencies in cryptographic algorithm. M.Sc. thesis, Queen's University at Kinston, 1985.Google Scholar
- 5.Webster, A., Tavares, S.: On the design of s-boxes. Advances in Cryptology, Proc. of CRYPTO'85, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 219 (1986)523–534.Google Scholar
- 7.Biham, E.: Differential cryptanalysis of iterated cryptosystem. PhD thesis, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, 1992.Google Scholar
- 8.Biham, E., Shamir, A.: Differential Cryptanalysis of the Data Encryption Standard, Springer Verlag, 1993. ISBN: 0-387-97930-1, 3-540-97930-1.Google Scholar
- 9.Lai, X., Massey, J.: Markov ciphers and differential cryptanalysis. Advances in Cryptology, Proc. of EUROCRYPT'91, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 547 (1991)17–38.Google Scholar
- 10.Lai, X.: On the design and security of block cipher. ETH Series in Information Processing, V.1, Konstanz: Hartung-Gorre Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar