Reasoning under uncertainty with temporal aspects
The representation and propagation of dynamic knowledge considering temporal changes of attribute values is an important problem in the domain of reasoning under uncertainty. Subject to this paper is an extension of the model of Bayesian networks that is capable of handling temporal constraints. A software prototype has been developed under the expert system shell KEE on a TI micro-explorer.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Allen 83]
- [Allen 91]J.F. Allen: Planning as Temporal Reasoning. In: J. Allen, R. Fikes, E. Sandewall: Principles of Knowledge Representation and Reasoning. Proc. of the 2nd international conference. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, CA, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Kautz/Ladkin 91]H.A. Kautz, P.B. Ladkin: Integrating Metric and Qualitative Temporal Reasoning. In: Proc. of the AAAI-91. The MIT Press, Menlo Park, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Kruse/Nauck/Klawonn 91]R. Kruse, D. Nauck, F. Klawonn: Reasoning with Mass Distributions. In: B.D. D'Ambrosio, P. Smets, P.P. Bonisonne: Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence: Proc. of the 7th Conference. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, CA, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Kruse/Schwecke/Heinsohn 91]R. Kruse, E. Schwecke, J. Heinsohn: Uncertainty and Vagueness in Knowledge Based Systems. Numerical Methods. Springer, Series Artificial Intelligence, Berlin, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Long 89]D. Long: A Review of Temporal Logics. In: The Knowledge Engineering Review 2, 1989, pp. 141–162.Google Scholar
- [McDermott 82]
- [Pearl 88]J. Pearl: Probabilistic Reasoning in Intelligent Systems: Networks of Plausible Inference. Morgan Kaufmann, San Mateo, CA, 1988.Google Scholar