An integration mechanism for design models in the Design Environment DATE
For designing digital hardware, such as ASICs and PCBs, various kinds of design tools are used. It is very important for hardware designers to integrate these tools into a totally unified design environment. In this paper, we propose an improved mechanism for integrating design models into the design environment DATE (Design Automation Tools integration Environment). By this mechanism, it will become easier to integrate heterogeneous design tools developed by multiple CAD vendors.
KeywordsDesign Environment Framework Tool Integration Design Model Semantic Network
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.McCalla, B.Infante, D.Brzezinski and J. Beyers: CHIPBUSTER VLSI Design System, IEEE Int'l. Conf. on Comput. Aided Des., (1986) 20–27.Google Scholar
- 2.D.W.Knapp and A.C.Parker: A Design Utility Manager: the ADAM Planning Engine, ACM/IEEE 23rd D.A.Conf., (1986) 48–54.Google Scholar
- 3.E.F.Girczyc and T.Ly: STEM: An IC Design Environment Based on the Smalltalk Model-View-Controller Construct, 24th ACM/IEEE D.A.Conf., (1987) 757–763.Google Scholar
- 4.M.A.Breuer, W.Cheng and R.Gupta: Cbase 1.0: A CAD Database for VLSI Circuits Using Object Oriented Technology, IEEE Int'l Conf. on Comput. Aided Des., (1988) 392–395.Google Scholar
- 5.M.Bartschi, H.U.Stamer and F.Wunderlich: An Integrated Tool Box for the Electrical Engineer, IEEE 2nd Int'l Conf. on Data & Knowledge Systems for Manufacturing & Engineering, (1989) 144–147.Google Scholar
- 6.M.L.Bushnell and S.W.Director: Automated Design Tool Execution in the Ulysses Design Environment, IEEE Trans. on CAD. Vol.8, No.3, (1989) 279–287.Google Scholar
- 7.R.Fikes and G.Hendrix: A Network-Based Knowledge Representation and its Natural Deduction System, 5th IJCAI, (1977) 235–246.Google Scholar
- 8.User's Manual: PLAtools, Digital Equipment Computer Users Society, Program Library Manual, UX-111 (1987).Google Scholar