Estimation of the throughput for some stochastic resources sharing systems
We present in this paper a stochastic model for a class of resources sharing systems, on which we define a performance parameter: γ This parameter can be seen as the inverse of the asymptotic throughput of the system. We then present an upper-bound and a lower-bound for γ These bounds are simply deduced from the conflict graph of the system. We finally show how they can lead to a good estimation of γ for some large systems.
KeywordsParallel Systems Synchronization Shared Resources (max, +) Systems Stochastic Processes
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Brilman. Modélisation et évaluation de performances de systèmes de ressources partagées. PhD thesis, Université Joseph Fourrier, 1996.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Brilman and J-M. Vincent. Dynamics of synchronized parallel systems. March 1995. Submitted to Stochastic Models.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Brilman and J-M. Vincent. On the estimation of the throughput for a class of stochastic resources sharing systems. November 1995. Submitted to Mathematics of Operations Research.Google Scholar
- 4.G.H. Golub and C.F. Van Loan. Matrix Computations. Hopkins University Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- 5.J. Mairesse. Products of Irreducible Random Matrices in the (Max,+) Algebra-Part1. Technical Report 1939, INRIA, June 1993.Google Scholar