Iterative approach for the clustering problem
This paper presents a new iterative approach of the clustering problem. We analyze the behaviour of the method applied on the Dominant Sequence Clustering (DSC) algorithm and prove that the parallel time of the series of clusterings built by the iterations is decreasing. We establish the optimality of the Iterative algorithm on outtrees and series-parallel graphs. Finally some experimental results are reported.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Coffman and P. Denning. Operating System Theory. Prentice Hall, 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.A. Gerasoulis and T. Yang. PYRROS: static scheduling and code generation for message passing multiprocessors. In Proc. of the 6th ACM International Conf. on Supercomputing, pages 428–437. ACM, July 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Gerasoulis and T. Yang. On the granularity and clustering of directed acyclic graphs. IEEE Trans. on Parallel and Distributed Systems, 4:186–701, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.C. Picouleau. Etude des Problèmes d'Optimisation dans les Systèmes Distribués. PhD thesis, Paris VI, Paris — France, 1993. in french.Google Scholar
- 7.V. Sarkar. Partitioning and Scheduling Parallel Programs. Pitman, 1989.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Veltman. Multiprocessor scheduling with communication delays. PhD thesis, Univ. of Technology of Eindhoven, Depart. of Operations Research, May 1993.Google Scholar