A Planning System for Aircraft Production with parallel constraint logic programming
PSAP (Planning System for Aircraft Production) is an aircraft production planning decision support system, whose aim is to schedule the aircraft production over the next years (more than five years) at Dassault factories. Each possible solution respecting the order calendar involves a production cost. PSAP must provide a low cost near optimal solution, as well as one which is robust with respect to manufacturing constraints. It needs to be computationaly efficient in order to allow a flexible interactive use. PSAP has been designed with the knowledge representation and control allowed by a parallel constraint and logic programming system; it has been implemented in ECL'PSe and in ElipSys. This paper presents the results of experiments on several benchmarks allowed to extract positive results about the parallelism uses.
Key wordsaircraft production parallel CLP optimization production cost
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. Bellone, A. Chamard and C. Pradelles. An evolutive planning system for aircraft production — PAP'92Google Scholar
- 2.COSYTEC: CHIP user manual — v.4.0, COSY/ref/001, June 93Google Scholar
- 3.M. Dincbas, H. Simonis, P. Van Hentenryck. Solving Large Scheduling Problems in Logic Programming. In EURO-TIMS Joint International Conference on Operations Research and Management Science — Paris, France July 88Google Scholar
- 4.ECRC: user manual — ECL'PSe 3.5, dec 94Google Scholar
- 5.ECRC: user manual — ElipSys 0.7, dec 93Google Scholar
- 6.J. Jaffar and J-L. Lassez. Constraint Logic Programming. — In POPL-87, Munich, Germany, January 1987.Google Scholar
- 7.S. Prestwish, S. Mudambi Improved Branch and Bound in Constraint Logic Programming — technical report ECRC-95Google Scholar