Selling formal methods to industry
This paper addresses some of the questions involved in attempting to introduce formal methods into industry on a broader basis. Marketing aspects and the importance of teaching programmers how to use formal methods are stressed.
KeywordsFormal Method Migration Path Math Anxiety Formal Methodology Software Life Cycle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Dij89]Edsger W. Dijkstra. On the cruelty of really teaching computing science. CACM, 32(12):1398–1404, Dec. 1989.Google Scholar
- [HJ92]Wim Hesselink and Jan Jongejan. Duplicate deletion derived. CACM, 35(7):99–107, July 1992.Google Scholar
- [Pap80]Seymour Papert. Mindstorms. Children, Computer and Powerful Ideas. Basic Books, New York, 1980.Google Scholar
- [TW91]Jukka Teuhola and Lutz Wegner. Minimal space average linear time duplication deletion. CACM, 34(3):62–73, March 1991.Google Scholar
- [WW90]Debora Weber-Wulff. A buffering system implementation using VDM. In D. Bjørner, C.A.R. Hoare, and H. Langmaack., editors, LNCS 428: VDM & Z!: Proceedings of the Third International Symposium of VDM Europe, Kiel, pages 135–149, Heidelberg, 1990. Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- [WW93]Debora Weber-Wulff. Proof movie: A Proof with the Boyer-Moore prover. Formal Aspects of Computing, 5, 1993. To appear.Google Scholar