Make your enemies transparent
We design a distributed program that sorts a connected network of processes in an unstable environment. We show two techniques that enable us to factor out dynamic changes to the topology of the network in the specification of the program.
keywordsdistributed programs unstable environments UNITY convergence transparency law
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [CM88]K.M. Chandy and J. Misra. Parallel Program Design — A Foundation. Addison-Wesley, 1988.Google Scholar
- [GM93]Mike J.C. Gordon and Tom F. Melham. Introduction to HOL. Cambridge University Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Pra95]W Prasetya.Mechanically Supported Design of Self-stabilizing Algorithms. PhD thesis, UU, Oct 1995.Google Scholar
- [RW92]K.A. Ross and C. R. B. Wright. Discrete Mathematics. Prentice-Hall, 1992.Google Scholar
- [VSP96]T.E.J. Vos, S.D. Swierstra, and I.S.W.B. Prasetya. Formal Methods and Mechanical Verification Applied to the development of a Convergent Distributed Sorting Program. Technical report, UU, 1996.Google Scholar