Reconstruction of convolutional encoders over GF(q)
Assuming we only have the coded sequence produced by a convolutional encoder at one's disposal, is it possible to recover all the parameters defining this encoder ? The implementation of such complete reconstruction for convolutional codes of any rate is presented in this paper, for both noiseless and noisy communications. Each time, several different solutions, i.e. alleged reconstructed encoders, are obtained, contrary to the awaited unicity. Their study yields a new characterization of convolutional codes along with some properties.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. G. Hoffman and al. Coding Theory — The Essentials. Dekker, 1991Google Scholar
- 2.S. Lin and D. J. Costello Error Control Coding: Fundamentals and Applications Prentice Hall, 1983Google Scholar
- 3.R. E. Blahut Theory and Practice of Error Control Codes Addison Wesley, 1983Google Scholar
- 4.J. H. van Lint Coding Theory Springer Verlag, 1971Google Scholar
- 5.B. Rice Determining the parameters of a rate ⊅ convolutional code over GF(q). Third International Conference on Finite Fields and Applications. Glasgow, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Feller An Introduction to Probability Theory, Vol. 1 Wiley, 1966Google Scholar
- 7.E. Filiol Reconstruction de codeurs convolutifs sur GF(q). Mémoire de D.E.A., 1997.Google Scholar