Automatic verification of extensions of hardware descriptions
The extension of a hardware description is a description where all properties of the original one are maintained. The concept applies to a variety of design and verification problems including logic-verification and the verification of behavioral vs. structural descriptions. For a systematic discussion, several classes of temporal behavior and HDL-constructs for their representation are introduced. The verification tool LOVERT is surveyed which allows for the automatic verification of several types of extensions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Bartsch, H. Eveking, H.-J. Faerber, M. Kelelatchew, J. Pinder, and U. Schellin. LOVERT — a logic verifier of register-transfer level descriptions. In L. Claesen, editor, Proc. IMEC-IFIP Workshop on Applied Formal Methods for Correct VLSI Design, pages 522–531, 1989.Google Scholar
- R.E. Bryant. Graph-based algorithms for boolean function manipulation. IEEE C-35, 677–691, 1986.Google Scholar
- H. Eveking. The application of CHDL's to the abstract specification of hardware. In Koomen/Moto-Oka, editor, Proc. CHDL '85 (Tokio), pages 167–178, North-Holland, 1985.Google Scholar
- H. Eveking. Axiomatizing hardware description languages. International Journal of VLSI Design, 1990.Google Scholar
- H. Eveking. Formal verification of synchronous systems. In G. Milne and P.A. Subrahmanyam, editors, Formal Aspects of VLSI Design, pages 137–152, North-Holland, 1985.Google Scholar
- J. Hartmanis and R.E. Stearns. Algebraic Structure Theory of Sequential Machines. Prentice Hall, 1966.Google Scholar
- J.C. Madre and J.P. Billon. Proving circuit correctness by formally comparing their expected and extracted behavior. Proc. 25th Design Autom. Conf., 205–210, 1988.Google Scholar
- R. Piloty, M. Barbacci, D. Borrione, D. Dietmeyer, F. Hill, and P. Skelly. CONLAN Report. Springer-Verlag, Berlin Heidelberg New-York Tokio, 1983.Google Scholar
- T. G. Windeknecht. General Dynamical Processes. Academic Press, 1971.Google Scholar