Design complete sequential calculus for continuous fixpoint temporal logic
We present the method for design complete sequential calculus for continuous fixpoint temporal logic. The method relies on reduction of infinitary calculus for temporal logic under consideration to finitary one. As result of the reduction we can prove completeness and obtain the cut-free sequential calculus for temporal logic under consideration. The reduction present some way for searching so called invariant formulas.
Key words and phrasesfixpoint temporal logic sequential calculi infinitary rules of inference completeness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B.Baniegbal, H.Barringer: Temporal logic with fixed points. LNCS, Vol. 398, (1987), 62–74.Google Scholar
- 2.H.Barringer: The use of temporal logic in the compositional specification of concurrent systems. In A.Galton (ed.): Temporal logics and their applications. Academic Press, London, (1987). 53–90.Google Scholar
- 3.J.H.Gallier: Logic for computer Science: foundations of automatic theorem proving. Harper and Row, New York, (1986).Google Scholar
- 4.A.Galton: Temporal logic and computer science: an overview. In A.Galton (ed.): Temporal logics and their applications. Academic Pres, London, (1987), 1–52.Google Scholar
- 5.D.Park: Fixpoint induction and proofs of program properties. Machine Intelligence 5, Edinburgh University Press, (1969), 59–78.Google Scholar
- 7.R.Pliuškevičius: Investigation of finitary calculi for temporal logics by means of infinitary calculi. LNCS, Vol. 452, (1990), 464–469.Google Scholar
- 8.R.Pliuškevičius: Investigation of finitary calculus for a discrete linear time logic by means of finitary calculus. LNCS, Vol. 502, (1991), 504–528.Google Scholar
- 9.R.Pliuškevičius: Complete sequential calculi for the first order symmetrical linear temporal logic with UNTIL and SINCE. LNCS, Proc. of LFCS' 92 (in press).Google Scholar
- 10.M.Vardi: A temporal fixpoint calculus. Proc. of 15-th An. ACM Symp. on POPL (1988), 250–259.Google Scholar