Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 214)
Random walks, gaussian processes and list structures
An asymptotic analysis of list structures properties leads to limiting Gaussian Markovian processes. Several costs functions are shown to have asymptotic Normal distributions.
KeywordsCost Function Random Walk Priority Queue Dominant Term List Structure
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ABRAMOWITZ, M. and STEGUE, I.A. "Handbook of mathematical functions", 1965, Dover PublicationsGoogle Scholar
- BILLINGSLEY, P. "Convergence of probability measures", 1968, WileyGoogle Scholar
- CHUNG, K.L. "Excursions in Brownian Motion", Ark. Mat. 14, 1976, pp. 155–177Google Scholar
- FELLER, W. "An introduction to probability theory and its applications", Vol.I, 1970, WileyGoogle Scholar
- FELLER, W. "An introduction to probability theory and its applications", Vol.II, 1971, WileyGoogle Scholar
- FLAJOLET, P. "Combinatorial aspects of continued fractions", Discr. Math. 32, 1980, pp. 125–161Google Scholar
- FLAJOLET, P. "Analyse d'algorithmes de manipulation d'arbres et de fichiers", Cahiers du BURO, 1981Google Scholar
- FLAJOLET, P. and ODLYZKO, A. "The average height of binary trees and other simple trees", J. Comp. Syst. Sc. 25, 2, 1982, pp. 171–213.Google Scholar
- FLAJOLET, P., PUECH, C. and VUILLEMIN, J. "The analysis of simple list structures", to appear in Information Sc.: and Int. J.Google Scholar
- FLAJOLET, P. and PRODINGER, H. "Register allocation for unary-binary trees", to appear in SIAM J. Comput.Google Scholar
- GREENE, D.H. and KNUTH, D.E. "Hathematics for the analysis of algorithms", 1981, BirkhaüserGoogle Scholar
- ITO, K. and Mc KEAN, H.P. Jr "Diffusion processes and their sample paths", Sec. Ed., 1976, Springer-VerlagGoogle Scholar
- LOUCHARD, D., "The Brownian Motion: a neglected tool for the complexity analysis of sorted tables manipulations", RAIRO, Inf. Th. 17, 4, 1983, pp. 365–385Google Scholar
- LOUCHARD, G. "Kac's formula, Levy's local time and Brownian excursion", J. Appl. Prob. 21, 1984, pp. 479–499.Google Scholar
- LOUCHARD, G. "The Brownian excursion area: a numerical analysis", Comp. and Math. with Appl. 10, 6, 1984, pp. 413–417Google Scholar
- LOUCHARD, G. "Brownian Motion and Algorithms Complexity", to appear in B.I.T.Google Scholar
- LOUCHARD, G. "Random Walks, Gaussian Processes and List Structures", L.I.T. Technical Report No152Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1986