SBC-RX: Knowledge based system for radiodiagnosis and training of radiologists. The teaching file tool. A new feature
We present a system based on A.I. techniques and oriented to radiologic diagnosis. SBC-RX uses expert knowledge which is displayed by a graphic interface. It allows queries and helps, explaining reasoning paths and interaction with basic images in order to show the features of each patology. In the new feature the system randomly selects a case problem from the teaching file, and presents it to the user. The diagnosis process is similar to aided diagnosis but the system does not accept incorrect answers from the user. When the diagnosis process ends, the system gives a list of mistakes made by the user and radiologic concepts that may have to be reviewed.
KeywordsDiagnosis and radiologists training Artificial Intelligence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dusserre L., Allaert F.A.: “Expert Systems and Medical Liability”, in Lun K.C., et al.(eds.), MEDINFO 92 (Part 2), North-Holland, (Amsterdam), pp.1576–1581, 1992.Google Scholar
- Moore G.W.: “Medical expert system user interface”, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, 3(3), 1991.Google Scholar
- Muñoz, C., Rizo, R., Colomina, C. “SBC-RX: Sistema basado en el conocimiento para el diagnóstico radiológico y adiestramiento de especialistas en radiología”. Transferencia Tecnológica de Inteligencia Artificial a Industria, Medicina y Aplicaciones Sociales, TTIA 95. pag. 43–53.Google Scholar
- René Jager: “RICE, Routines for Implementation of C Expert systems”. Delft University of Technology. The Netherlands, 1993.Google Scholar
- Shaw de Paredes, E. “Atlas de Mamografía”. Ed. Marbán. 2a Ed. 1994.Google Scholar