The logic of the Gödel proof predicate
We discuss the logics of the operators “p is a proof of A” and “p is a proof containing A” for the standard Gödel proof predicate in Peano Arithmetic. Decidability and arithmetical completeness of these logics are proved. We use the same semantics as for the Provability Logic where the operator “A is provable” is studied.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Artëmov, “Extensions of arithmetic and connected with them modal theories,” VI IMPS Congress, Hannover, pp. 15–19, 1979. Section 1.Google Scholar
- S. Artëmov, “Arifmeticheski polnyje modal'nyje teorii; Russian (Arithmetically complete modal theories),” Semiotika i informatika (Semiotics and Information Science), vol. 14, no. 14, pp. 115–133, 1980. Translation: AMS Transi. (2), vol 135, 1987, pp. 39–54, Akad. Nauk SSSR, VINiTI, Moscow.Google Scholar
- S. Artëmov and T. Straßen, “The Basic Logic of Proofs,” Tech. Rep. IAM 92-018, Department for computer science, University of Berne, Switzerland, September 1992.Google Scholar
- S. Artëmov and T. Straßen, “Functionality in the Basic Logic of Proofs,” Tech. Rep. IAM 93-004, Department for computer science, University of Berne, Switzerland, January 1993.Google Scholar
- S. Artëmov and T. Straßen, “The Basic Logic of Proofs,” in Computer Science Logic, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 14–28, 6th Workshop, CSL'92, San Miniato, Italy, October 1992, Springer-Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- G. Boolos, The unprovability of consistency: an essay in modal logic. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1979.Google Scholar
- G. Boolos, “Extremely undecidable sentences,” Journal of Symbolic Logic, vol. 47, pp. 191–196, Mar. 1982.Google Scholar
- S. Kleene, Introduction to Metamathematics. North-Holland, 1952.Google Scholar
- F. Montagna, “On the diagonalizable algebra of Peano arithmetic,” Bollettino della Unione Matematica Italiana, vol. 16-B, no. 5, pp. 795–812, 1979.Google Scholar
- C. Smoryński, “The incompleteness theorems,” in Handbook of Mathematical Logic (J. Barwise, ed.), ch. D.1, S3, pp. 821–865, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1977.Google Scholar
- R. M. Solovay, “Provability interpretations of modal logic,” Israel Journal of Mathematics, vol. 25, pp. 287–304, 1976.Google Scholar
- A. Visser, Aspects of Diagonalization and Provability. PhD thesis, University of Utrecht, 1981.Google Scholar