Decidability of reachability in persistent vector replacement systems
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 88)
The reachability problem for persistent vector replacement systems is shown to be decidable by giving an algorithm for constructing a semilinear representation of the reachability set.
KeywordsInitial Segment Initial Vector Reachability Problem Infinite Path Finite Tree
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hack, M.: The equality problem for vector addition systems is undecidable. Theor. Computer Sci. 2 (1976), 77–96Google Scholar
- Hopcroft, J. and Pansiot, J.-J.: On the reachability problem for 5-dimensional vector addition systems. Theor. Computer Sci. 8 (1979), 135–159Google Scholar
- Jones, N.D.; Landweber, L.H. and Lien, Y.E.: Complexity of some problems in Petri nets. Theor. Computer Sci. 4 (1977), 277–299Google Scholar
- Karp, R.M. and Miller, R.E.: Parallel program schemata. J. Comput. System Sci. 3 (1969), 147–195Google Scholar
- Landweber, L.H. and Robertson, E.L.: Properties of conflict-free and persistent Petri nets. J. Ass. Computing Machinery 25 (1978), 352–364Google Scholar
- Van Leeuwen, J.: A partial solution to the reachability problem for vector addition systems. Sixth Ann. ACM Symp. on the Theory of Computing (1974), 303–309Google Scholar
- Machtey, M. and Young, P.: An introduction to the general theory of algorithms. North Holland, New York (1978)Google Scholar
- Müller, H.: On the reachability problem for persistent vector replacement systems (to appear)Google Scholar
- Rackoff, C.: The covering and boundedness problems for vector addition systems. Theor. Comp. Sci. 6 (1978), 223–231Google Scholar
- Sacerdote, G.S. and Tenney, R.L.: The decidability of the reachability problem for vector addition systems. 9th Ann. ACM Symp. on theory of computing (1977), 61–77Google Scholar
- Starke, H.P.: Semilinearity and Petri nets. Fundamentals of computation theory 79 (Ed. L. Budach), Akademie-Verlag Berlin (1979), 423–429Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1980