A path selection method in ATM using pre-computation
We propose a method for path selection using pre-computation in an ATM network. The method is based on an algorithm that pre-computes a list of routes for each node in the network. We then study the lack of diversity in the paths chosen by our method, and the resulting risk of call blocking. Improvements to the method are proposed, and the decrease in call blocking is evaluated by simulation. We show that, with a load-balancing assumption, the method is able to provide paths equivalent to those of the On-Demand method.
KeywordsOn-demand routing pre-computed routing path selection path finding resilience blocking
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ash90]Design and Control of Network with Dynamic Nonhierarchical Routing, G.R. Ash, IEEE Communications Magazine, Oct. 1990Google Scholar
- [Car79]Graphs and Networks, B. Carré, Clarendon Press — Oxford, 1979Google Scholar
- [Cyp71]Communications Architecture for Distributed Systems, R.J. Cypser, ISBN 0-201-14458-1, 1971Google Scholar
- [Gau95]Scalability Enhancements for Connection-Oriented Networks, E. Gauthier, J.-Y. Le Boudec, TR 95/127, DI-EPFL, 1995Google Scholar
- [Key90]Distributed Dynamic Routing Schemes, P.B. Key, G.A. Cope, IEEE Communications Magazine, Oct. 1990Google Scholar
- [Leb94]Routing Metric for Connections with Reserved Bandwidth, J.-Y. Le Boudec, T. Przygienda, EFOC-N, 1994Google Scholar
- [OSI89]ISO/IEC TR 9575, Information Technology — Telecommunications and Information Exchange Between Systems — OSI Routeing Framework, ISO, 1989Google Scholar
- [Prz95]A Route Pre-Computation Algorithm for Integrated Services Networks, J.-Y. Le Boudec, T. Przygienda, TR 95/113, DI-EPFL, 1995Google Scholar
- [Top90]Experimental Internet Stream Protocol, Version 2, (ST.II), C. Topolcic, IETF, 1990Google Scholar
- [Zha93]RSVP: A New Resource ReSerVation Protocol, L. Zhang, S. Deering, D. Estrin, S. Shenker, D. Zapalla, IEEE Network, September 1993Google Scholar