ProMod at the age of 5
Based on several years of experience in teaching software engineering principles in seminars, GEI developed the computer aided software engineering environment ProMod seven years ago. The original idea was to have methods and tools available for the analysts and designers in our own company. Once available, ProMod became a commercial product five years ago. Since that time it has been used world wide in many different application areas.
This paper sketches the concepts of ProMod and discusses the lessons learned through the feedback from our customers in the last five years.
KeywordsComputer Aided Software Engineering Structured Methodologies Structured Analysis Tools Modular Design Tools Code Frame Generation Users Acceptance
ProMod apres 5 ans
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Caine 75]S.H. Caine, E.W. Gordon: PDL: A Tool for Software Design in: AFIPS, Proceedings NCC, Vol. 44, 1975Google Scholar
- [DeMarco 79]T. DeMarco: Structured Analysis and System Specification, Prentice Hall, 1979Google Scholar
- [Hatley 87]D.J. Hatley, I.A. Pirbhai: Strategie for Real-Time System Development, Dorset House, New York, 1987Google Scholar
- [McMenamin 84]S.M. McMenamin, J.F. Palmer Essential Systems Analysis Yourdon Press, New York, 1984Google Scholar
- [Page-Jones 80]M. Page-Jones: The Practical Guide to Structured Systems Design, Yourdon Press, New York, 1980Google Scholar
- [Parnas 72]D.L. Parnas: On The Criteria To Be Used In Decomposing Systems Into Modules CACM, Vol 5, No.12, Dec. 1972Google Scholar