The algebraic algorithm A* for the action planning problems
This paper proposes a new algebraic-and-heuristic search algorithm, called the algebraic algorithm A*. An algebraic analysis of the action planning problems is performed. A solution-preservation theorem is proved. Finally, it is shown that the algorithm is correct.
Keywordsaction planning problem strong congruence quotient problem algorithm A*
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Banerji,R.B., “Theory of Problem Solving”, American Elsvier, New York, 1969.Google Scholar
- Korf,R.E., “ Macro-operators: a weak method for learning“, Artificial Intelligence, 26, 35–77, 1985.Google Scholar
- Korf,R.E., “Planning as search: a quantitative approach”, Artificial Intelligence, 33, 65–88, 1987.Google Scholar
- Niizuma,S. and Kitahashi,T.,“ A problem solving method using differences or equivalence relations between states”, Artificial Intelligence, 25, 117–151, 1985.Google Scholar
- Nilsson.,N., “Principles of Artificial Intelligence”, Tioga Publishers, Palo Alto, CA, 1980.Google Scholar
- Pearl,J., “Heuristics”, Addison Wesley, 1984.Google Scholar
- Sacerdoti,E.D., “ Planning in a hierarchy of abstraction space“, Artificial Intelligence, 5, 115–135, 1974.Google Scholar
- Sierocki,I., “A description of a set of hypotheses for system identification problem”, Int. J.General Systems, 15, 301–319, 1989.Google Scholar
- Sierocki,I., “Algebraic structure of Macro Problem Solver”, submitted for publication.Google Scholar