PARCS: Parallel Picture Archiving and Communication System
The main justifications and technical contants of the Esprit project PARCS are described in this paper. The project addresses a major high performance application in the area of mulimedia databases, namely the development of a Picture Archiving and Communication System for radiological images. A MIMD distributed memory machine is exploited in order to build a fast and scalable archiving server, with multiple network connections to client workstations for image acquisition, visualization and (parallel) processing. The system will be integrated with an existing Radiological Information System and demonstrated in a Radiology Department.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- MPI Reference Manual, Preliminary References of standard Massage Passing InterfaceGoogle Scholar
- Medical Diagnostic Imaging Support System: Performance Work Statement, Technical Report of Medical Diagnostic Imaging Support Development Team, US Army Engineering Division, Huntsville, 1990Google Scholar
- The ACR-NEMA V.3.0 standard, Report of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) on ACR-NEMA standard, Washington, 1993Google Scholar
- D.M. Hailey, B.L. Crowe, Digital Radiology Systems: Some Pratical Considerations, Hospimedica, 1991Google Scholar
- H.U. Lemke, Europeans begin to close PACS technology gap, Diagnostic Imaging International, October 1990Google Scholar
- B.B. Zobel, N. De Stefano, R. Passariello PACS: state of the art and Perspectives, University of Rome and University of L'Aquila, Internal ReportGoogle Scholar