An integrated software development methodology based on hierarchical colored Petri nets
This paper presents a new integrated software development methodology that uses SADT diagrams, Hierarchical CP-nets, Standard ML, and automatic mechanisms for translating SADT diagrams into Hierarchical CP-nets and for converting Hierarchical CP-nets into Standard ML executable code. A case study describes the development of a software application called the Debt Manager's Assistant, which implements a non-FIFO strategy for electronic funds transfer. This application was built for the Marine Midland Bank of New York and Societé Générale. During application development, the requirements analysis and system specification were done with the aid of the Structured Analysis and Design Technique. The system design and verification used Hierarchical Colored Petri Nets and the implementation was supported with the automatic production of executable Standard Meta Language code.
KeywordsHierarchical Coloured Petri Nets software development methodology SADT Standard ML
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. A. Marca, C. L. McGowan: "SADT". McGraw-Hill, New York, 1988.Google Scholar
- K. Jensen: "Coloured Petri Nets: A High Level Language for System Design and Analysis". To appear in: G. Rozenberg (eds.): Advances in Petri Nets 1990, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- P. Huber, K. Jensen, R. M. Shapiro: "Hierarchies in Colored Petri Nets". K. Jensen: "Coloured Petri Nets: A High Level Language for System Design and Analysis". To appear in: G. Rozenberg (eds.): Advances in Petri Nets 1989, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- R. Harper: "Introduction to Standard ML". LFCS, Dep. Comp. Science, University of Edinburgh, 1986.Google Scholar
- Åke Wikström: "Functional Programming Using Standard ML". Prentice Hall, New York, 1987.Google Scholar
- J. F. McDermott, R. S. Cottrell: "Application of IDEF to Banking: Building an IDEF Model to Manage Bank-to-Bank Intraday Debt". Presented at IDEF User Group Conference, Los Angeles, U.S.A., October, 1989.Google Scholar
- R. M. Shapiro, V. O. Pinci, R. Mameli: "Modeling a NORAD Command Post using SADT and Colored Petri Nets". Proceedings of the IDEF User Group, Washington D.C., U.S.A, May, 1990.Google Scholar
- Design/IDEF User's Manual. Meta Software Corporation. Cambridge, 1989.Google Scholar
- Design/CPN User's Manual. Meta Software Corporation. Cambridge, 1989.Google Scholar
- Design/ML User's Manual. Meta Software Corporation. Cambridge, 1989.Google Scholar