Aggregate approach for specification, validation, simulation and implementation of computer network protocols
The application of aggregate approach for the formal description, validation, simulation and implementation of computer networks protocols is considered in the paper. With this approach the above mentioned design stages can be executed using a single mathematical scheme. The method of reachability states is used for the validation of protocol general properties, while individual characteristics are analysed by the invariant method which enables to verify the correctness of the invariant by protocol formal description. Aggregative mathematical schemes are used in the specification languages AGREGAT-84 and ESTELLE/AG applied in creating protocol analysing systems simulation and validation of protocols. Protocol automated implementation method based on the specification language ESTELLE/AG is presented. Formal description and results of alternating -bit protocol validation and simulation as its speciffication in AGREGAT 84 and Estelle/Ag are presented for illustration.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boch84.Boch84 G.v.Bochmann, G.Gerber, J.M.Serre. Semiautomatic implementation of communication protocols //Publication 518. — Department d'informatique de recherche operationelle Universite de Montreal. — December 1984.Google Scholar
- Boch87.Boch87 G.v.Bochmann, "Usage of protocol development tools: the results of a survey" (invited paper), 7-th IFIP Symposium on Protocol Specification, Testing and Verification, Zurich, May, 1987.Google Scholar
- Este87.Este87 ISO DIS 9074 (1987), "Estelle: A formal description technique based on an extened state transition model".Google Scholar
- Loto87.Loto87 ISO DIS 8807 (1987), "LOTOS: A formal description technique".Google Scholar
- Mil80.Mil80 R.Milner, A calculus of communicating systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 92, 1980.Google Scholar
- Pran82a.Pran82a H.Pranevitchius, " Models and methods for computer system investigation ", Mokslas, Vilnius, 1982, 228p., (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Pran82b.Pran82b H.Pranevitchius and N.Listopadskis, "Aggregative approach application for formal specification and modeling of protocols", Acad. Sci. USSR, Moscow, 1982, 63p., (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Pran83.Pran83 H. Pranevitchius⊥ and A. Chmieliauskas, "Correctness analysis and performance predication of protocols using aggregative approach and control sequences method", Acad. Sci. USSR, Moscow, 1983, 32p., (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Pran85.Pran85 H. Pranevitchius, A. Chmieliauskas⊥ V. Pilkauskas, "Protocol simulation and verification in PRANAS", Packet Switching Networks, ESTI, Riga, 1985, p.209–231, (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Pran87.Pran87 H.Pranevitchius and A.Chmieliauskas. ASPECT-language for specification services and protocols. XII-th cconference of computer networks. Moscow — Odesa, 1987, p.76–81. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Pran88.Pran88 H.Pranevitchius and A.Panevezys, "Proof of correctness technique for aggregative models of protocols", IFAC/IMAC Symp. on distributed intelligence systems, Varna, 1988, p.100–105.Google Scholar
- Pran89.Pran89 H. Pranevitchius and A. Panevezys, " Automated implementation of protocols in terms of aggregative specifications ", Automatic and Computer Technic, Riga, 1989, p. 17–22, (in Russian).Google Scholar
- SDL87.SDL87 CCITT S6 XI, Recomendation Z.100 (1987).Google Scholar