Constructing a pilot library of components for avionic systems
The BCA research project, whose aim is to investigate the viability of Ada for the development of reusable software for avionics systems, is being carried out by a consortium of Spanish companies. A pilot component library has been built with this purpose. In addition to the usual abstract data structures and mathematical functions, navigation and executive components have been built. Some design decisions are discussed in the paper. Documentation and testing issues are also briefly dealt with.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [And88]Chris Anderson. The CAMP approach to software reuse. Defense Computing, September 1988.Google Scholar
- [BG85]C.L. Braun and J.B. Goodenough. Ada reusability guidelines. Softech, 1985.Google Scholar
- [BGE88]M.F. Bott, G.J. Gautier, and A. Elliot. Guidelines for the use of ada in reusable software components. In Ada-Europe reuse seminar, 1988.Google Scholar
- [BJ87]T.P. Baker and K. Jeffay. Corset and Lace: adapting Ada run-time support to real-time systems. In IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Boo87]Grady Booch. Software components with Ada. Benjamin Cummings, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Bou81]R. Bousley. Reusable avionics executive software. In IEEE National Aerospace and Electronics Conference, 1981.Google Scholar
- [FKR86]B. Ford, J. Kok, and N.W. Rogers. Scientific Ada. Cambridge University Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Gro88]J.A. Grossberg. Object-oriented dimensional units. Dr. Dobb's Journal, September 1988.Google Scholar
- [HKB81]E.F. Hitt, M. Kluse, and R. Broderson. Integrated control core software concept. In 4th AIAA/IEEE Digital Avionics Systems Conference, 1981.Google Scholar
- [HW88]R. Holzapfel and G. Winterstein. Ada in safety critical applications. In S. Heilbrunner, editor, Ada in Industry. Cambridge University Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- [MB87]J. Margono and Edgar Berard. A modified booch's taxonomy for ada generic data-structure components and their implementation. In S. Tafvelin, editor, Ada components: Libraries and tools. Cambridge University Press, 1987.Google Scholar
- [PFTV88]W.H. Press, B.P. Flannery, S.A. Teukolsky, and W.T. Vetterling. Numerical Recipes in C: the Art of Scientific Computing. Cambridge University Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- [SG90]Lui Sha and John B. Goodenough. Real-time scheduling theory and Ada. IEEE Computer, 23(4), 1990.Google Scholar