Integrating a formal specification method with PML: A case study
This paper outlines a Case Study of the application of one approach to the Formal Specification of Parallel Object Oriented Systems to a Process Modelling language. The purpose was to both check whether such an approach was feasible and useful and also to give insight into the ongoing design of such Process Modelling Languages.
KeywordsProcess Modelling Languages Formal Specification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. E. Kaiser, N. S. Barghouti, P. E. Feiler, R. W. Schwank, “Database Support for Knowledge-Based Engineering Environments” IEEE Experts, 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.G. E. Kaiser, P. H. Feiler, S. S. Popouich, “Intelligent assistance for software development and maintenance”, IEEE Software, May 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.W. Emmerich, G. Junkermann, B. Peuschel, W. Scchafer, S. Wolf, “Merlin: Knowledge-based Process Modelling”, First European Workshop on Software Process Modelling, May, 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.V. Gruhn, “The Software process Management Environment Melmac”, First European Workshop on Software Process Modelling, May, 1991.Google Scholar
- 5.S. Bandinelli, a. Fuggetta, C. Ghezzi, “Software Process as Real-Time Systems: A case study using High-level Petri Nets”, First European Workshop on Software Process Modelling, May, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.B. C. Warboys, “The IPSE 2.5 Project: Process Modelling as the basis for a Support Environment”, Procs First International Conference on Software Development, Environments and Factories, Berlin, 1989.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Sa, B. C. Warboys, “Specifying concurrent object-based systems using combined specification notations”, Technical Report Series UMCS-91-9-2, Department of Computer Science, University of Manchester, July, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Apps, “A Prototype BM Specification Tool”, EDS document EDS. WP6I. AA16, Department of Computer Science, University of Manchester, Februrary, 1992.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Sa, “BM Extensions for Asynchronous Communications”, Draft note, Department of Computer Science, University of Manchester, February, 1992.Google Scholar
- 10.J. Sa, “BM Specification of the Surrey Project PSS Demonstration Model”, Draft Note, Department of Computer Science, University of Manchester.Google Scholar
- 11.I. Robertson, “Surrey Project Forecasting — PSS Demonstration”, IPG document, Department of Computer Science, January, 1992.Google Scholar
- 12.C. B. Jones, “Systematic Software Development Using VDM”, Prentice-Hall International Series in Computer Science, 1986Google Scholar