A CPS-translation of the λμ-calculus
We present a translation of Parigot's λμ-calculus  into the usual λ-calculus. This translation, which is based on the so-called continuation passing style, is correct with respect to equality and with respect to evaluation. At the type level, it induces a logical interpretation of classical logic into intuitionistic one, akin to Kolmogorov's negative translation. As a by-product, we get the normalization of second order typed λμ-calculus.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. W. Appel. Compiling with continuations. Cambridge University Press, 1992.Google Scholar
- F. Barbanera and S. Berardi. Continuations and simple types: a strong normalization result. In Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Continuations. Report STAN-CS-92-1426, Stanford University, 1992.Google Scholar
- F. Barbanera and S. Berardi. Extracting constructive content from classical logic via control-like reductions. In M. Bezem and J.F. Groote, editors, Proceedings of the International Conference on on Typed Lambda Calculi and Applications, pages 45–59. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 664, Springer Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- H.P. Barendregt. The lambda calculus, its syntax and semantics. North-Holland, revised edition, 1984.Google Scholar
- J.-Y. Girard. A new constructive logic: Classical logic. Mathematical Structures in Computer Science, 1:255–296, 1991.Google Scholar
- T. G. Griffin. A formulae-as-types notion of control. In Conference record of the seventeenth annual ACM symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pages 47–58, 1990.Google Scholar
- J.-L. Krivine. Lambda-calcul, types et modèles. Masson, 1990.Google Scholar
- C. R. Murthy. An evaluation semantics for classical proofs. In Proceedings of the sixth annual IEEE symposium on logic in computer science, pages 96–107, 1991.Google Scholar
- C. R. Murthy. A computational analysis of Girard's translation and LC. In Proceedings of the seventh annual IEEE symposium on logic in computer science, pages 90–101, 1992.Google Scholar
- M. Parigot. λμ-Calculus: an algorithmic interpretation of classical natural deduction. In A. Voronkov, editor, Proceedings of the International Conference on Logic Programming and Automated Reasoning, pages 190–201. Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, 624, Springer Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar
- M. Parigot. Classical proofs as programs. In G. Gottlod, A. Leitsch, and D. Mundici, editors, Proceedings of the third Kurt Gödel colloquium — KGC'93, pages 263–276. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 713, Springer Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- M. Parigot. Strong normalization for second order classical natural deduction. In Proceedings of the eighth annual IEEE symposium on logic in computer science, pages 39–46, 1993.Google Scholar