Engineering a TMN in an Open Distributed Processing environment
The Engineering Viewpoint of Open Distributed Processing (ODP) is concerned with the provision of an environment in which the computational description of a system can be interpreted. It provides distribution mechanisms to support the transparencies selected in the Computational model. This paper presents the results of the PRISM project work on the Engineering Viewpoint. The paper provides guidelines for how to proceed from a Computational model to an Engineering model taking into account Enterprise requirements. It also provides correspondences between Engineering Viewpoint concepts and TMN concepts, and a set of guidelines for how to proceed from an Engineering model to a TMN target architecture.
KeywordsTMN ODP Engineering Viewpoint BEO Cluster Capsule Node Channel
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- PRISM Deliverable 11: Service Management: Framework for Co-operation, PRISM (1995)Google Scholar
- CCITT Draft Recommendation X.901, “Basic Reference Model of Open Distributed Processing — Part 1: Overview and guide to use of the Reference Model”, ISO/IEC (1995)Google Scholar
- CCITT Recommendation X.902. “Basic Reference Model of Open Distributed Processing — Part 2: Descriptive Model”, ISO/IEC (1995)Google Scholar
- CCITT Recommendation X.903. “Basic Reference Model of Open Distributed Processing — Part 3: Prescriptive Model”, ISO/IEC (1995)Google Scholar
- “Engineering Modelling Concepts”, TINA-C (1994)Google Scholar
- ”Object-Oriented Modeling and Design”, Rumbaugh, Blaha, Premerlani, Eddy, Loresen, Prentice Hall (1991)Google Scholar
- CCITT Draft Revised Recommendation M.3010, “Principles for a Telecommunications Management Network”, ITU (1995)Google Scholar