The space complexity of the accessibility problem for undirected graphs of log n bounded genus
We present an algorithm solving the accessibility problem and the connectivity problem for undirected n-vertex graphs of genus ≤ log n in 0(log2n/log log n) space. This improves the known upper bound by the factor log log n and shows an alternative to Savitchs devide and conquer method.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [A,K,L,L,R]R. Aleliunas, R. M. Karp, R. J. Lipton, L. Lovasz, C. Rackoff, "Random Walks, Universal Traversal Sequences and the Complexity of Maze Problems", 20th FOCS, 1979Google Scholar
- [F,M]I. S. Filotti, J. N. Mayer, "A polynomial-time Algorithm for Determining the Isomorphism of Graphs of Fixed Genus", 12th STOC, 1980Google Scholar
- [G,H,T]J. R. Gilbert, J. P. Hutchinson, R. E. Tarjan, "A Separator Theorem for Graphs of Bounded Genus", J. of Algorithms 5,1984Google Scholar
- [J,S]J. Ja'Ja',J. Simon, "Space Efficient Algorithms for Some Graph Theoretical Problems", Acta Informatica 17, 1982Google Scholar
- [S]W. Savitch, "Relationships Between Nondeterministic and Deterministic Space Complexities", JCSS 4, 1970Google Scholar
- [St]S. Stahl, "The Embeddings of a Graph — A Survey", J. of Graph Theory, Vol. 2, 1978Google Scholar