P-genericity and strong p-genericity
We discuss some differences between p-generic and strongly p-generic sets. While the class of p-generic sets has measure 1, the class of strongly p-generic sets has measure 0 in an appropriate measure space. Also contrasting the situation with the p-generic sets, for no oracle A, NP(A) contains a strongly p-generic set. Moreover, the notion of np-genericity is introduced and strong p-genericity is shown to be even stronger than np-genericity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- |AHF1|.Ambos-Spies, K., Fleischhack, H., and Huwig, H., P-generic sets, in "Automata, Languages and Programming", LNCS 172 (1984), 58–68.Google Scholar
- |AHF2|.Ambos-Spies, K.,Fleischhack, H., and Huwig, H., Diagonalizations over polynomial time computable sets, Forschungsbericht Nr. 177 (1984), Abteilung Informatik, Universität Dortmund.Google Scholar
- |AS|.Ambos-Spies, K., P-mitotic sets, in "Logic and machines: Decision problems and complexity", LNCS 171 (1984), 1–23.Google Scholar
- |BG|.Bennet, C., and Gill, J., Relative to a random oracle A, pA ≠ NPA ≠ co-NPA with probability 1, SIAM J. Comp. 10 (1981), 96–113.Google Scholar
- |F|.Fleischhack, H., On diagonalizations over complexity classes, Dissertation, Dortmund 1985.Google Scholar
- |H|.Halmos, P., Measure Theory, Springer, New York, 1950.Google Scholar
- |HM|.Homer, S., and Maass, W., Oracle dependent properties of the lattice of NP-sets, TCS 24 (1983), 279–289.Google Scholar
- |J|.Jockusch, C., Notes on genericity for r. e. sets, unpublished, 1983.Google Scholar
- |MA|.Maass, W., Recursively enumerable generic sets, JSL (1982), 809–823.Google Scholar
- |ME1|.Mehlhorn, K., On the size of sets of computable functions, Techn. Rep. 72–164, Ithaca, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- |ME2|.Mehlhorn, K., The ‘almost all’ theory of subrecursive degrees is decidable, Tech. Rep. 73–170, Ithaca, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- |S|.Selman, A., P-selective sets, tally languages and the behaviour of polynomial time reducibilities on NP, Math. Systems Theory 13 (1979), 55–65.Google Scholar
- |W|.Willard, S., General topology, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1970.Google Scholar