Automatic profile identification
This paper presents a practical implementation of a person verification system based on face profiles in a cooperative environment. The image acquisition constraints are given and motivated. A set of global and local features are automatically extracted from the profile outline of the head. The candidate profile is then compared with profiles of the database to issue a distance from which to accept or reject the claimed individual. To increase robustness, the temporal consistency of the decisions over several shots is examined, what is possible thanks to the overall speed of the developed system.
Keywordsperson verification profile curvature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Chellappa, C.L. Wilson and S. Sirohey, “Human and Machine Recognition of Faces”, In Proceedings of the IEEE, The institute of electrical and electronics engineers, inc., Vol. 83, No. 5, May 1995, pp. 705–740.Google Scholar
- 2.C. Beumier, M.P. Acheroy, “Automatic Face Identification”, In Applications of Digital Image Processing XVIII, SPIE, vol. 2564, July 1995, pp. 311–323.Google Scholar
- 3.M.P. Acheroy, C. Beumier, J. Bigün, G. Chollet, B. Duc, S. Fischer, D. Genoud, P. Lockwood, G. Maitre, S. Pigeon, I. Pitas, K. Sobatta, L. Vandendorpe, “Multi-modal person verification tools using speech and images”, In Proceedings of the European Conference on Multimedia Applications, Services and Techniques (ECMAST '96), pp. 747–761, Louvain-La-Neuve, May 28–30 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.Huang Ho-Chao, Ouhyoung Ming and Ja-Ling Wu, “Automatic feature point extraction on a human face in model-based image coding”, Optical Engineering, Vol. 32, No. 7 pp. 1571–1580, July 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.L. D. Harmon, S. C. Kuo, P. F. Ramig and U. Raudkivi, “Identification of human face profiles by computer”, Pattern Recognition, Vol 10, pp. 301–312, Pergamon Press Ltd. 1978.Google Scholar