Verifying periodic task-control systems
This paper deals with the automated verification of a class of task-control systems with periods, durations, and scheduling specifications. Such systems are translated into Periodic Hybrid Automata for verification. We show that safety, liveness, and time-bounded properties are decidable for the considered systems.
Keywordstask-control systems periodic hybrid automata verification decidability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ACD90.R. Alur, C. Courcoubetis, and D. Dill. Model-checking for real-time systems. In Proc. IEEE 5th Symp. Logic in Computer Science, LNCS, 1990.Google Scholar
- ACH+95.R. Alur, C. Courcoubetis, N. Halbwachs, T. Henzinger, P. Ho, X. Nicollin, A. Olivero, J. Sifakis, and S. Yovine. The algorithmic analysis of hybrid systems. Theoretical Computer Science B, 137, January 1995.Google Scholar
- BGK+96.J. Bengtsson, D. Griffioen, K. Kristoferssen, K.Larsen, F.Larsson, P.Petersson, and W.Yi. Verification of an audio protocol with bus collision using uppaal. In Computer-Aided Verification, LNCS, 1996.Google Scholar
- DOY94.C. Daws, A. Olivero, and S. Yovine. Verifying ET-LOTOS programs with KRONOS. In Proc. FORTE'94, LNCS, 1994.Google Scholar
- HKPV95.T.A. Henzinger, P.W. Kopke, A. Puri, and P. Varaiya. What's decidable about hybrid automata. In STOCS'95, LNCS, 1995.Google Scholar
- HNSY94.T.A. Henzinger, X. Nicollin, J. Sifakis, and S. Yovine. Symbolic model-checking for real-time systems. Information and Computation, (111), 1994.Google Scholar
- HPR94.N. Halbwachs, Y. E. Proy, and P. Raymond. Verification of linear hybrid systems by means of convex approximations. In International Symposium on Static Analysis, LNCS, 1994.Google Scholar
- JMO93.M. Jourdan, F. Maraninchi, and A. Olivero. Verifying quantitative real-time properties of synchronous programs. In Computer-Aided Verification, LNCS 697, 1993.Google Scholar
- NSY92.X. Nicollin, J. Sifakis, and S. Yovine. Compiling real-time specifications into extended automata. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 18(9):794–804, 1992.Google Scholar
- RR96.O. Roux and V. Rusu. Uniformity for the decidability of hybrid automata. In Internat. Static Analysis Symposium, LNCS 1145, pages 301–316, 1996.Google Scholar