Axiomatizing U and S over integer time
We give a Hilbert style axiomatization for the set of formulas in the temporal language with Until and Since which are valid over the integer number flow of time. We prove weak completeness for this orthodox axiom system.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J P Burgess. Axioms for tense logic I: “since” and “until”. Notre Dame J Formal Logic, 23(2):367–374, 1982.Google Scholar
- 2.Marcelo Finger. Handling database updates in two-dimensional temporal logic. J. of Applied Non-Classical Logic, pages 201–224, 1992.Google Scholar
- 3.D M Gabbay and I M Hodkinson. An axiomatisation of the temporal logic with until and since over the real numbers. Journal of Logic and Computation, 1(2):229–260, 1990.Google Scholar
- 4.D.M. Gabbay, A. Pnueli, S. Shelah, and J. Stavi. On the temporal analysis of fairness. In 7th ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, Las Vegas, pages 163–173, 1980.Google Scholar
- 5.D M Gabbay, I M Hodkinson, and M A Reynolds. Temporal expressive completeness in the presence of gaps. In Proceedings ASL European Meeting 1990, Lecture Notes in Logic. Springer-Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.D Gabbay, I Hodkinson, and M Reynolds. Temporal Logic: Mathematical Foundations and Computational Aspects, Vol. 1. OUP, to appear 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.D M Gabbay. An irreflexivity lemma with applications to aximatizations of conditions on tense frames. In U Monnich, editor, Aspects of Philosophical Logic, pages 67–89. Reidel, Dordrecht, 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.J Kamp. Tense Logic and the theory of linear order. PhD thesis, Michigan State University, 1968.Google Scholar
- 10.J G Rosenstein. Linear orderings. Academic Press, New York, 1982.Google Scholar
- 11.J van Bentham. The Logic of Time. Reidel, Dordrecht, 1983.Google Scholar
- 12.Y Venema. Completeness via completeness. In M de Rijke, editor, Colloquium on Modal Logic, 1991. ITLI-Network Publication, Instit. for Lang., Logic and Information, University of Amsterdam, 1991.Google Scholar