Computational modelling — UPT split charging management case
This paper addresses modelling of telecommunications service management applications in a distributed environment. The modelling approach is based on ISO Open Distributed Processing (ODP) and Telecommunications Information Networking Architecture Consortium (TTNA-C) but is also harmonised with TMN modelling. ODP structures a specification of a distributed system according to five viewpoints. The relationships between management requirements in the enterprise viewpoint and concepts in the computational viewpoint have been identified in the paper. The concept of ‘activity’ has been found very useful for describing particular use cases (dynamics) of the system in the computational viewpoint. No syntax has so far been proposed for the specification of activities. In this paper a graphical syntax for activities is defined. Methods to guide the specifications work is considered important due to the complexity of the ODP/TTNA-C approach, and therefore a modelling method for the computational viewpoint has been proposed since no complete method exists so far. As a case a computational specification is presented for the management of a flexible charging schema such as the split charging in the context of the Universal Personal Telecommunications Service.
KeywordsService Management ODP TMN ODP computational viewpoint ODP activity TMN MF
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Computational Modelling Concepts, Document No. TB_A2.NAT.002_3.0_93, TINA Consortium, December 1993. (TINA documents, the references  andGoogle Scholar
- ETSI TC-TR NA 71202: Network Aspects; Universal Personal Telecommunications (UPT) Phase 1 (Restricted UPT service scenario) Service Aspects of charging, billing and accounting, July 1992.Google Scholar
- Information Modelling Concepts, Document No. TB_A1.EAC.001_1.0_93, TINA Consortium, December 1993.Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC 10746-2.3: Information Technology — Open Distributed Processing — Basic Reference Model of Open Distributed Processing — Part 2: Descriptive Model, 10 December 1993.Google Scholar
- ISO/IEC 10746-3.2: Information Technology — Open Distributed Processing — Basic Reference Model of Open Distributed Processing — Part 3: Prescriptive Model, 10 December 1993.Google Scholar
- ITU-T Recommendation M.3010, PRINCIPLES FOR A TELECOMMUNICATIONS MANAGEMENT NETWORK, October 1992.Google Scholar
- ITU-T Recommendation M.3020, TMN INTERFACE SPECIFICATION METHODOLOGY, February 1994.Google Scholar
- RACE Project 2041 PRISM: Deliverable 6, Document No. R2041/TS/WP1/DS/R/006/a1, First Issue of CFS and Contribution to Standards, December 1993.Google Scholar
- James Rumbaugh, Michael Blaha, William Premerlani, Frederick Eddy and William Lorensen: Object-Oriented Modelling and Design, Prentice Hall: Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1991.Google Scholar