Application of distributed techniques to the modelling of in architectures and support of service execution
The convergence ot telecommunications and information technologies is at last gaining momentum. One manifestation of this convergence is the interest shown amongst the telecommunication fraternity on the application of Open Distributed Processing (ODP) techniques. This line of experimentation was adopted within the RACE BOOST project by CET/Telecom Portugal, via the development of a distributed IN platform which completely models the IN architecture, and upon which IN services can be executed. This platform uses the ANSAware Distributed Computing Software and served to experiment and validate a number of IN architectural issues and also to gain some insight on the application of ODP techniques to a typical telecommunications problem.
KeywordsIN ODP ANSAware Distributed Processing Environments Service Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Mullender]Mullender, Sape — “Distributed Systems”, acm press, 1989Google Scholar
- [ITU-T]ITU-T (CCITT) Recommendations Q.12XXGoogle Scholar
- [ETSI]ETSI NA6XXXX IN StandardsGoogle Scholar
- [ODP]ISO/IEC 10746, ITU-T X.901-X.904Google Scholar
- [ANSA]“ANSAware Version 4.0”, Manual Set Volumes A and B, Architecture Projects Management Limited, 1992Google Scholar