Service specification concepts in TINA-C
This paper presents the approach taken in the Telecommunications Information Networking Architecture Consortium (TINA-C) towards telecommunications service architecture and service specification concepts that meet future market needs. Since software portability, interoperability and reuse will be of prime importance in reducing costs associated with constructing, deploying and operating new services this paper shows the adaptation of fundamental technologies like object orientation paradigm and distributed processing in order to achieve these aims.
KeywordsTelecommunications Information Networking Architecture TINA-C Service Architecture TINA-C Service Specification Service Lifecycle Stakeholder Universal Service Component Model TINA-C Logical Framework Architecture ODP Distributed Processing Environment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Insulander, J., Schoo, P., Tönnby, I., Trigila, S.: An Architectural Approach to Integrated Service Engineering for an Open Telecommunication Service Market, Proceeding of the International RACE IS&N Conference on Intelligence in Broadband Services and Networks, November 23–25, 1993, Paris, FranceGoogle Scholar
- Barr, W. J., Boyd, T., Inoue, Y: The TINA initiative, IEEE Communications Mangazine, March, 1993.Google Scholar
- Gatti, N.: IN and TINA-C architectures: A service senario analysis, ICIN '94.Google Scholar
- Chapman, M., Gatti, N: A model of a service life cycle, Proceedings of TINA '93, pp. I-205–I-215, Sep., 1993.Google Scholar
- Pavon, J., Richter, L., Wakano, M.: Building new services on TINA-C management architecture, ICIN '94.Google Scholar
- Bridge, A., Richter, L.: An object oriented design process for the TINA management architecture, Proceedings of TINA '93, pp. I-103–I-119, Sep., 1993.Google Scholar
- Brown, D: Practical issues involved in architectural evolution from IN to TINA, ICIN '94.Google Scholar
- Bloem, J., Dupuy, F., Hammainen, H., Minerva, R., Moreno, J. C.: The TINA-C logical architecture as related to IN and TMN/A comparison of IN and TINA-C service architecture concepts, ICIN '94.Google Scholar
- Wakano, M., Kawanishi, M., Richter, L.: Information model to support TINA service and management applications, GLOBECOM '94 (submitting).Google Scholar
- Fuente, L. A., Pavon, J., Singer, N.: Application of TINA-C architecture to management service, RACE IS&N '94.Google Scholar