Standards for integrated services and networks
This paper introduces the standards that are required before global services can be implemented across multiple network operator and service provider domains in Europe. Two advanced service scenarios are described to illustrate the sort of global services that are required, and the problems of implementing these using current technology are discussed. The most important standards bodies for solutions to these problems are then identified.
KeywordsIN Multimedia Network Architecture Personal Mobility Private and Public Networks Services Signalling Standards Terminal Mobility TMN VPN
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ETSI TCR-TR/NA-003001 “Recommendations towards the Harmonisation of Architecture and Service Description Methodologies”.Google Scholar
- Standardisation in Information Technology and Telecommunications, Commission of the European Communities DG XIII: 200 rue de la Loi, B-1049 Brussels, Belgium.Google Scholar
- MOBILISE PSCS Concept: Definition and CFS — Draft Version. Deliverable 4, RACE Project R2003, June 1993.Google Scholar
- ETSI DTR/NA-10100 “UPT Phase 1 — Service Description”.Google Scholar
- Report of workshop on UPT Management, Bonn, May 1994.Google Scholar
- Report of joint STG meeting of IS&N STGs, STG JOI(94)1/R, Brussels, 18 May 1994.Google Scholar
- CCITT Recommendation I.130 “Method for the Characterisation of Telecommunication Services supported by an ISDN and Network Capabilities of an ISDN”.Google Scholar