The EKS-V1 system
EKS-V1 constitutes our first step in the development of a next-generation knowledge base management system, extending traditional database functionality by full support of declarative rules and integrity constraints. Advanced functionality such as stratified recursion, recursive aggregates or hypothetical reasoning are provided.
EKS-V1 has been transferred to one of ECRC's shareholders, BULL S.A., where it is currently exploited for the development of an advanced database product.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Fre87]M. Freeston. The BANG File: a new Kind of Grid File. In Y. Dayal and U. Traiger, editors, Proc. of the ACM Conference on the Management of Data (SIGMOD), pages 260–269, San Francisco, May 27–29 1987.Google Scholar
- [GMN84]H. Gallaire, J. Minker, and J.M. Nicolas. Logic and Databases: a Deductive Approach. ACM Computing Surveys, 16(2), June 1984.Google Scholar
- [HBD89]T. Horsfield, J. Bocca, and M. Dahmen. MegaLog User Guide. Technical Report, ECRC, 1989.Google Scholar
- [LV90]A. Lefebvre and L. Vieille. On Deductive Query Evaluation in the DedGin* System. In W. Kim, J-M. Nicolas and S. Nishio, editor, Deductive and Object-Oriented Databases, pages 123–144. Elsevier Science Publishers B.V. (North-Holland), 1990. Proc. of the 1st International Conference on Deductive and Object-Oriented Databases (DOOD), 1989, Kyoto, Japan.Google Scholar
- [VBK91a]L. Vieille, P. Bayer, and V. Küchenhoff. Integrity Checking and Materialized Views Handling by Update Propagation in the EKS-V1 System. TR-KB-35, ECRC, June 1991.Google Scholar
- [VBK+91b]L. Vieille, P. Bayer, V. Küchenhoff, A. Lefebvre, and R. Manthey. Documentation for EKS-V1. TR-KB-36, ECRC, July 1991.Google Scholar