From the past to the future: Executing temporal logic programs
We describe some of the techniques which have been used to implement MetateM, a programming language based on temporal logic, and address problems such as non-determinism and looping which place constraints on the use of temporal logic as a programming language.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Abadi and Z. Manna. Temporal Logic Programming. In Symposium on Logic Programming, pages 4–16. IEEE, 1987.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Barringer, M. Fisher, G. Gough, D. Gabbay, and R. Owens. Metate M: A Framework for Programming in Temporal Logic. In J. W. de Bakker, W.-P. de Roever, and G. Rozenberg, editors, Stepwise Refinement of Distributed Systems: Models, Formalisms, Correctness, volume 430 of LNCS, Springer-Verlag, 1990.Google Scholar
- 3.M. Finger, P. McBrien, and R. Owens. Databases and Executable Temporal Logic. In Proceedings of the ESPRIT Conference, November 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Fisher. Implementing a Prototype MetateM Interpreter. SPEC Project Report, Department of Computer Science, University of Manchester, 1990.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Fisher and H. Barringer. Concurrent MetateM Processes — A Language for Distributed AI. In Proceedings of the European Simulation Multiconference, Copenhagen, Denmark, June 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.M. Fisher and P. Noel. Transformation and Synthesis in MetateM — Part I: Prepositional MetateM. Technical Report, Department of Computer Science, University of Manchester, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Fujita, S. Kono, H. Tanaka, and T. Moto-oka. Tokio: Logic Programming Language Based on Temporal Logic and its Compilation to Prolog. In Logic Programming: Proceedings of the Third International Conference, volume 225 of LNCS, pages 695–709. Springer-Verlag, 1986.Google Scholar
- 8.Dov Gabbay. The Declarative Past and Imperative Future. In Behnam Banieqbal, Howard Barringer, and Amir Pnueli, editors, Proceedings of Colloquium on Temporal Logic in Specification, Altrincham, 1987, volume 398 of LNCS. Springer-Verlag, 1989.Google Scholar
- 9.D. Gabbay and P. McBrien. Temporal Logic and Historical Databases. In Proceedings of the Seventeenth International Conference on Very Large Databases, Barcelona, 1991.Google Scholar
- 10.Ben Moszkowski. Executing Temporal Logic Programs. Cambridge University Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- 11.Philippe Noel. Towards the Determinisation of Propositional Temporal Formulae. (To appear in Proceedings of LOPSTR'91).Google Scholar
- 12.Amir Pnueli. Applications of Temporal Logic to the Specification and Verification of Reactive Systems: A Survey of Current Trends. In J. W. de Bakker, W-P, de Roever, and G. Rozenberg, editors, Current Trends in Concurrency: Overview and Tutorials, volume 224 of LNCS. Springer-Verlag, 1986.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Pnueli and R. Rosner. On the Synthesis of a Reactive Module. In Proceedings of the Sixteenth Symposium on the Principles of Programming Languages. ACM, 1989.Google Scholar