Designing an embedded hard real-time system: A case study
In this paper a description of a consistent design of an embedded hard real-time control system is given. To provide for the overall predictability of tasks' temporal behaviour, which is the ultimate requirement in such systems, all influencing factors are taken into account in a holistic manner: system and hardware architecture, operating system issues, programming language and application design methodology. Based on the resulting guidelines, a consistent prototype was implemented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. T. Cheung. Transforming Mixed Formal and Natural Language Specifications into High Level Language Code. Internal Report, Department of Computing, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.Matjaž Colnaric and Wolfgang A. Halang. Architectural support for predictability in hard real-time systems. Control Engineering Practice, 1(1):51–59, February 1993. ISSN 0967-0661.Google Scholar
- 3.Matjaž Colnaric, Wolfgang A. Halang, and Ronald M. Tol. Hardware supported hard real-time operating system kernel. Microprocessors and Microsystems, 18(10):579–591, December 1994. ISSN 0141-9331.Google Scholar
- 4.Matjaž Colnaric, Domen Verber, and Wolfgang A. Halang. Supporting high integrity and behavioural predictability of hard real-time systems. Informatica, Special Issue on Parallel and Distributed Real-Time Systems, 19(1):59–69, February 1995. ISSN 0350-5596.Google Scholar
- 5.Matjaz Colnarič, Domen Verber, and Wolfgang A. Halang. A Real-Time Programming Language as a Means to Express Specifications. Control Engineering Practice, 5(7), July 1997.Google Scholar
- 6.DIN 66 253: Programming Language PEARL, Part 1: Basic PEARL. Beuth Verlag, Berlin, 1981.Google Scholar
- 7.Wolfgang. A. Halang and Alexander D. Stoyenko. Constructing Predictable Real Time Systems. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston-Dordrecht-London, 1991.Google Scholar
- 8.Domen Verber, Matjaž Colnarič, and Wolfgang A. Halang. Programming and time analysis of hard real-time applications. Control Engineering Practice, 4(10):1427–1434, October 1996. ISSN 0967-0661. *** DIRECT SUPPORT *** A0008C42 00043Google Scholar